Buying or selling your home is a major
decision – not the kind most people make every day. So, how can you succeed in so big a task if
you can’t rely on your own track record or knowledge in real estate?
Simple. Find someone you can trust to guide
you through the process.
Financial Guru, Dave Ramsey, has a philosophy
about the “heart of a teacher”. He must
have been talking about Alan when he says, “When getting help with money,
whether it’s insurance, real estate, or investments, always look for someone
with the heart of a teacher, not the heart of a salesman”.
While Alan’s three-plus decades of experience in real estate includes more than 900 transactions, it’s his passion for helping people through the home buying and selling process that keeps him excited about working in the Dallas real estate market.
Whether he’s helping a 70-year-old grandmother
buy her first home or helping clients sell their homes and exceeding their
expectations so well that they can’t stop raving about what a great job he did,
Alan is passionate about this business. It’s given him the perfect platform for
educating and helping people as they go through a financially critical
experience – and win.
Your Interests Always Come First
When you choose Alan Smith, the 2020 Recipient, Metrotex Association of REALTORS®, REALTOR® of the Year, you don’t just put one of the most successful REALTORS® in Dallas, TX to work for you – you also get the benefit of his simple Buyer, Seller and Probate plans, decades of experience, continuing education, and local connections. There’s a reason Alan has set records for home sales in Dallas – he works hard to learn all he can about every aspect of real estate brokerage.
Here are just a few ways he keeps his edge,
stays connected, and keeps informed about what’s going on in Dallas:
- Attends Economic Summits hosted by the Metrotex Association of REALTORS® and Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce. This gives him valuable information that helps his buyers and sellers make wise decisions. This means you’ll get the very latest, relevant information you need to make a smart real estate move.
- Charter member of The Realty Classroom, a national real estate training program that educates real estate agents about how to run, grow, and maintain a successful business in a fast-changing industry. You enjoy the benefit of his training as you experience the smoothest real estate transactions possible – and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Weekly mastermind calls with peers to learn more about strategic marketing, follow-up, measurement, technology, and networking leverage – these calls have given him the cutting-edge knowledge that have helped him grow his business and help more clients. You’ll love the concierge-style service you’ll get from Alan Smith – the kind of service that is only mastered after extensive training and experience.
- Active member MetroTex Association of REALTORS®: Board of Directors, Director 2017-2022; MetroTex Budget and Finance Committee, Member 2017-2021; TRLP Alumni Committee, Chairperson 2020, Vice Chairperson 2019, Subcommittee, Co-Chairperson 2018, Member 2014-2020; Leadership Development PAG, PAG Appointee 2019-2020; Metrotex Charitable Trust, Trustee 2017; MetroTex REALTORS® in Action, Chairperson 2017, Vice Chairperson 2016, Member 2013-2017; Tornado Relief Task Force, Appointee 2016.
- Active member Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce 2012-2020, supporting and networking with other great businesses in our area.
the most important quality of a piece of real estate is location, the most
important quality in your REALTOR® is connection. If there’s anything you might
need to help your move to, from, or within Dallas, Alan will do his best to
It’s not all work for Alan, though. He’s the
proud doodle-father to Claire an enthusiastic Aussiedoodle along with his
partner Scott who have made the Lakewood area of Dallas their home since
1994. Over the past several years, he’s
studied Spanish and Improv Comedy, and he’s given of his time and money to help
make Dallas an even better place to live.
Just a couple of ways he’s done this:
Caring for Your Community
- Volunteer with Reading Partners, North Texas Food Bank and Metrotex Association of REALTORS®. Alan’s devotion to this area of Dallas gives you a glimpse of the devotion he’ll show to you as his client.
- Mentor with the UT Dallas “Power of Two” Management Mentor Program, in which Alan enjoys the opportunity to equip, steer, and support the next generation of business leaders. You’ll benefit from the same level of commitment he shows to creating a successful future for these students as he works hard to ensure your success, too.
There’s a reason Alan does more transactions than the national average – he works hard for his clients, studies hard to stay informed, and devotes himself to the people he cares about most. His clients know they are included in that category and rely on his expertise as they go through the process of buying or selling their homes.
Alan specializes in Dallas’ most popular
in-town neighborhoods, including Lakewood, East Dallas, M Streets, Swiss Avenue
Historic District, Historic Junius and Munger Heights, Hollywood Heights, Northeast
Dallas, Lake Highlands, and Casa Linda.
If you’re looking to buy or sell a home in one
of Dallas’ in-town neighborhoods, you can trust Alan for outstanding service